We regularly counsel clients on all aspects of managing, protecting and optimizing their intellectual property in China. Aside from a robust general intellectual property practice, we also have very extensive experience in disputes and litigation involving trademarks, patents, copyright, trade secrets, enterprise names, trade dress, domain names, and unfair competition. We are trusted intellectual property enforcement advisers to many world famous companies and brands, including major players in the healthcare, technology, media and communications, luxury and fashion, consumer products, and food and beverage sectors.
Leveraging unique insight from a seasoned team of lawyers that includes former IP judges and senior in-house counsels, we collaborate with courts, local authorities and private investigators to take swift action to protect client interests. And through our Baker & McKenzie FenXun (FTZ) Joint Operation Office in Shanghai, we provide truly seamless international and local legal solutions to help protect, enhance, and maximize the value of clients’ intellectual property in China and the rest of the world.
Our intellectual property services include:
● Litigation, dispute resolution and arbitration arising from trademark, patent, copyright infringement and unfair competition in connection with trade secret, enterprise name, trade name, and trade dress
● Intellectual property registration application, recordal, prosecution and intellectual property related administrative litigation
● Pre-litigation services, such as sending cease-and-desist letters, obtaining settlements through negotiation, and issuing takedown notices to stop online infringers
● Brand protection strategies
● Regional and global anti-counterfeiting and other enforcement programs covering infringement warnings, investigations, administratively-sanctioned search-and-seizure raids
● UDRP proceeding and civil litigation for disputes regarding the registration of internet domain names
● Acquisition and purchase of trademarks or internet domain names on client’s behalf with our own in-house investigation team
● IP related commercial and corporate transactions, including advice on intellectual property licensing, assignments, franchising and other commercial intellectual property transactions
● Intellectual property audits and due diligence
● Customs recordal and border enforcement
● Overall intellectual property portfolio management, regionally and globally